Whether you’re dressing for winter cycling, running, or skiing, a base layer is the key to a comfortable cold-weather workout. But not all cold weather is created equal, so it’s a good idea to have a few different options for base layering. The Hot Chillys collection of performance layering products includes tops and bottoms for a range of temperatures and conditions. Many of these products cross over and work for skiing and other snow sports, as well as cold-weather running and cycling. Important base layer features found in Hot Chillys products include:
- Moisture-wicking technology.
- Flat seam construction to minimize chafing.
- Antimicrobial treatment to help control odor-causing bacteria.
- Ease of care—Hot Chillys products can be machine-washed and tumble-dried on low heat.
Snug vs. Loose
Hot Chillys products are available in two fit styles:
- Loose-fitting: These are great for low-intensity outdoor activities such as walking, snowmobiling, casual cycling, or watching winter sports outdoors.
- Snug-fitting: The snug-fitting Hot Chillys items have more contact with the skin, and they provide more moisture management during intense activities like running, skiing, or fast cycling.